This notice applies to the use of personal information by the Arts Active Trust. The Arts Active Trust is committed to safeguarding your personal information and complies with current data protection legislation including GDPR. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. Read more about the Arts Active Trust’s Terms and Conditions. Please contact us if you have any questions you would like answered.
Overview of this Notice
- Who is gathering your information
- The information we gather
- What we do with the information we gather, and why
- How long we retain your information
- Controlling your personal information
Who is gathering your information
The Arts Active Trust, is collecting personal data in order to manage the A2Connect and Arts Active website applications, projects, email mailing lists and events. The person responsible is David Baxter.
The information we gather
We collect the following information:
- Full name
- Email address
- Your role you are using a2connect.org in
- The name of the organisation you are in this role for
- The web address of any organisations you are using the a2connect.org web app for
- Your journey through the content of our websites
- Other information you supply relevant to any request for help with our websites site
- Preferred language of communication
- Visual Arts
- Digital Media and Film
- Criw Celf
- Early Years
- Cardiff Gamelan
- Bespoke categories of information required only to manage specific individual events, workshops, projects or productions
What do we do with the information we gather, and why?
We require this information to enable you to access the a2connect.org and artsactive.org.uk content, to best meet your needs, improve our services, fulfil our service commitments with you, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To provide you with an account on the A2Connect, and access our website’s content and functions
- We may use this information to improve our products or services
- To manage email communication with you via our newsletters
- To manage the events, workshops, projects and productions that we Arts Active run and to provide you with the best service possible
- A member of our team may need to contact you to resolve a request for help if you ask.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or to know when you visit a particular page on our site. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
How long we retain your information
We will retain your information on our system until the following conditions are true:
- Information requested for managing specific events, workshops, projects or productions is held until a maximum of six months after the completion of the event, workshop, project or production.
- Information requested for managing websites or newsletter mailing lists will be retained until you either delete your account on the relevant website or you unsubscribe from s specific newsletter mailing list.
Controlling your personal information
It is in our best interest to safeguard your rights as our customer, therefore, we would like you to have a clear understanding of what happens to your personal data once we have collected it. The following list explains your rights as an individual under the EU General Data Protection Regulation:
- You have the right to be informed of what we do with your data and to know is what the purpose of collecting and processing is.
- You have the right to access your personal data and supplementary information so that you aware of, and can verify, the lawfulness of the processing. You can obtain the following information: a) confirmation that your data is being processed and b) access to your personal data. We will provide this information within one month of the request and free of charge.
- You have the right to request us to rectify your personal data if is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You have the right to request the deletion or removal of your personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing, although, this can only be done under specific circumstances. Find out more at the ICO website.
- You have the right to restrict the data processing, however, this can only be done under specific circumstances. Find out more at the ICO website.
- You have the right to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability. This is commonly known as “data portability”. We will provide this in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form, free of charge, and we will deliver it you in one month following the request.
- At present, we are still developing a software system which will allow you to delete your A2Connect account yourself. While we develop this system, you can request that your account is deleted on your profile page.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held about you please contact us to obtain a Subject Access Request Form, or write to us:
Arts Active Data Request
c/o Arts Active
St David’s Hall,
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.